PSPS Back-up Generator Program For Businesses
Short-term Loans for Business Owners in Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Affected Areas
For businesses in Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) affected areas of Shasta, Siskiyou, Modoc and Trinity Counties to purchase a back-up power generator to help them remain open and reduce losses during a PSPS event.
- Loans up to $5,000 for 24 months to purchase back-up generators
- Streamlined application and expedited processing
For more information and a loan application, Contact SCED or call (530) 225-2760.
Before Installing A Power Generator
- Know and follow the manufacturer’s safety requirements for installation and operation
- Ensure the generator is properly sized and the building’s electrical system is in good working order
- Make sure the generator is professionally installed and connected
- Ensure proper ventilation and never operate the equipment indoors
- Learn to manually operate doors and other power equipment in case of a power failure
- Check with local authorities for applicable regulations